The AAGHA is a collaboration of parents, coaches and volunteers who are committed to empowering and inspiring our female athletes through emphasizing TEAM work, fun and fair play and respect towards coaches, officials, players, opponents and the game of hockey. Our ultimate goal is to create an environment, both on and off the ice, that enables our players to learn valuable lessons and skills through their hockey development that can be transferred to their lives outside the rink.
To provide a positive hockey experience where female participants at all age levels can develop and learn the techniques and skills of the game while fostering and developing organized hockey at four levels: Initiation, House League, Development Stream and Competitive. These hockey experiences will have a profound effect on the future attitudes, moral development and community involvement of our players. The safety, well-being and both social and hockey development of our participants shall be the paramount objective.
• the promotion of TEAMWORK and the belief that what you can achieve as a whole is greater than that which can be achieved by individuals;
• the importance for participants to develop dignity and self-esteem;
• instilling the values of honesty and integrity in participants at all times;
• in the Canadian tradition of hockey;
• in the benefits of personal and physical well-being;
• in the safety of all individuals involved in the game; and
• fair play, skills development, team cohesion and having fun, regardless of house league, development stream or competitive levels of play.