What is a youth helper?
Youth helpers are AAGHA players 14 years or older. They assist the coaching staff on the ice during practice, on the bench during games, and in the dressing room pre- and post-game/practice.
Benefits to the AAGHA?
Benefits to the coach?
· Youth helpers can demonstrate drills and expectations during practices
· They can help pre and post practice in the dressing room
· They can help on the bench during games
· Younger players tend to bond with youth helpers
· The helpers can help the coach by reinforcing messages, appropriate behaviors and set an example to the younger girls
Benefits to the youth helper?
A chance to pay it forward - a lot of volunteers have been involved in your hockey experience over the years. Share your skills and be role model for younger players.
Experience hockey from a very different perspective
Get volunteer hours for High school credit
Learn valuable skills in a supportive and fun environment
If you are or know of young women within the organization that are interested in or would be a good candidate for this program, please email the Development Director.
AAGHA Development Director