-open to all girls as their first hockey experience.
-The program is geared to help both the girls learn how to skate and learn the game of hockey. There will be hockey coaches there to help teach the girls the fundamentals of skating. Once they have mastered the basic skills of skating they will be taught other fundamentals of the game of hockey.
-program will run for 7 sessions and will start the weekend of November 23rd. (Christmas and New Years will be blacked out)
When: Sessions take place Saturday at 1pm (tentatively) for 1 hour a week
Registration Cost: $80 per child
1. Will my child be required to wear full hockey equipment?
a. Yes each player is required to have a full set of equipment including a hockey stick.
2. Does a parent have to go on the ice with their child, or will there be instructors on the ice helping my child in my absence?
a. A parent is NOT required on the ice, and there will be a number of instructors helping to lead the program.
3. My child has already been on the ice for one or more years, will she be placed with the players who are just starting or will there be multiple levels of the program to help my child advance as her skating and hockey skills advance?
a. This is a multi-level program where each player will be assessed and placed in the stage that best suits her. Level 1 is for beginners, and the levels will go up from there. Once graduated from the Pre-Novice “tiny skaters program” they will be placed in the more advanced IP level program.
4. Is there an age requirement for my child to join?
a. For the Pre-Novice program, your child can start as young as 3 years of age (3 as of December 31st). Once your child reaches age 6, they will be placed in the more advanced level IP program. For example, children ages 5 and under will not be on the same section of ice as children 6 and older.
5. Is there someone I can contact for more information regarding this program should I have any other questions?
a. Please feel free to email email@example.com with any further questions!